Feelings...

This poem was inspired by my littlest daughter, whom I have not yet met, but who more clearly made her presence known with her dear, first (finally unmistakable) little movements, Saturday, August 11th, 2012.

When I first learned of your news, it felt like a dream,
Proven true when I saw your beautiful face on a screen.

Now, I can feel you, my gift from above,
And it adds to my feelings of heavenly love.

Babies can do things that grown-ups can't do,
and you try things with gusto, even though they are new.

You rock & you groove to my steady heartbeat,
& you can curl your head up, so it's next to your feet.

... unless you are kicking, or running in place,
Which makes me imagine the look on your face.

But just like all actions, your vigor will fade,
Your energy's going into just being made.

So, turn your actions to dreams, where you run & you leap,
And let mommy's tummy rock you to sleep. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Your Time to Heal...

Get Lucky

Media Baby